Wednesday 21 March 2018

Post your GDrawings on the web easily - and use the link to upload elsewhere!


In my last blog post I talked about the Publish to Web feature in Google.  I recently discovered another great use for this...the ability to insert your own GDrawings images into GSuite apps (and Blogger!) easily - without having to download them...this is a great option for Chromebooks.  (Note: I have a feeling I am late to the party on this one but I think it is really cool and wanted to share with other who might not know.)

I love to create my own images when I create tutorials, blog posts, etc.  I usually create in Google Drawings, download the .png, then use the upload image from computer.  The problem is my Mac (for goodness knows what reason) constantly gets the dreaded: 

So here is what I do. 
  1. Create a drawing in Google Drawing
  2. Go to File --> Publish to Web
  3. Click the Publish button
  4. Indicate you are sure
  5. Copy the link provided.
Now that I have the link, I can insert the Drawing (image) anywhere I want!


No comments:

Post a Comment