Wednesday 23 November 2016

Symbaloo - All your favs in one place

This summer I did a course wherein I learned about a site called Symbaloo.  It was developed based on the idea to make surfing the web easier.


It is a free tool wherein you customize tiles to link to different websites. As they say, it helps you organise the best of the web.  It is easy to use and have a lot of great educational benefits.
  1. It can be used to as a resource for students for direct links to all important course related sites.  This would also be a great way to have parents in the loop about course content.
  2. It promotes safe surfing.  For my own children, I have a Symbaloo page as a homepage on our Chromebooks.  They know these are the only ones they are to visit.
  3. It would be an easy way to curate all class blogs.  Off one site, all the students could access each other's work.
  4. I have a lot of ed blogs and pages I love to check on from time to time.  I use symbaloo as a one stop place to link them all.
  5. Symbaloo boards can be shared...great for collaboration.
Check it out and build one yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment