Tuesday 7 November 2017

E is for Extension

#NaBloWriMo Day 5



Google Chrome extensions are powerful little programs that add new features to your browser and personalize your browsing experience.  I have a few that I cannot live without.  This is only part of my Google Tool bar!

Look at all those extensions!!

Here are 5 of my current favourites:
  1. Screencastify.  Screencastify is a free screen recorder extension for Chrome wherein you can capture, edit and share screencasts. There is no software download required and it works on Mac, Windows and Chromebooks.  I love it for screen recording instructions.  I learn best when I am in the moment and have purpose, and I find most of my students are the same.  When I need to show students how to do something on the computer, I screen capture it and upload it to my Google Classroom.  This way, students can watch the video when they need it, and we save valuable class time.
  2. Session Buddy.  Session buddy is my newest Chrome favourite.  It allows you to group and
    save website for quick reference.  I equate it to being able to organize my Starred folder in Google Drive. 
  3. Craft Cursor.  CraftyCursor, created by Chris Craft,  highlights the cursor (in a variety of choice of colours) so that it can be easily seen when you screencast or while presenting. It also shows you what keys are pressed, such as escape, control, or alt.  This makes my life SOOOOO much easier when I am walking people through computer how-tos.
  4. ColorZilla. ColorZilla allows you to can get a colour reading from any point in your browser.  It then copies the Hex # of the colour to your clipboard.  Why is this cool?  Because when you choose custom colours in documents of fonts, etc. you can get exact matches.  It is great for formatting Docs and websites.
  5. Bitmoji. Do I really need to say anymore?  Who doesn't love a great Bitmoji.  I love the extension so I can insert my Bitmoji into Docs and presentations to personalize and add to the tone.





No comments:

Post a Comment